Each year Town Council goes through the process of finalizing the budget for the next year. Once completed the Financial Report is presented to the public at a Public Hearing. This is when the mill rates for the next year are announced. The mill rates combined with the assessment value of your property are used in determining the amount of tax you will owe. The current years mill rate is listed below.
2017 Mill Rates for the Town of Morris
|-Red River Valley SD||14.07||14.07|
|– Special Services||4.20||4.20|
|– General Municipal||25.90||30.10||25.90||30.10|
Payment of Tax Bills
Taxes are due and payable by September 30, 2017, and if not paid by this date are subject to a penalty of 1% per month, added on the 1st day of each month until paid. PAYMENTS MUST BE IN THE ADMINISTRATION OFFICE BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 – 5:00 PM.
If you have constructed a taxable building, or made major alterations or additions, a supplementary tax notice will be mailed to you at a later date.
- In person by cash or cheque.
- Post-dated cheques are acceptable. Please make cheque payable to the “Town of Morris.”
- Interac, Tele-Banking and internet banking. Please keep in mind a delay may occur from when you make your electronic payment to when we receive it. Transactions must be made by September 27, 2017 to ensure payments are received on time.
- Pre-authorized withdrawal – applications are available at the Civic Centre Office or you can download the Tax Automated Debit Form (pdf). The automatic withdrawal system is available for payment of both the Water and Tax bills.
- Credit Card payments are not accepted.
- If you have any questions on the education taxes portion of your property tax statement, please call the Red River Valley School Division office at (204) 746-2317.