Morris Area Senior Services, Inc
Morris Area Senior Services, Inc.
Helping Seniors enjoy their independence for as long as possible
Serving: Morris, Lowe Farm and Rosenort
Davidson Memorial Centre, 153 Montreal Av. E.
Box 997, Morris, MB R0G 1K0
Resource Coordinator: Patricia Eidse
Phone: (204) 746-6336 • Fax: (204) 746-8299
What is M.A.S.S. (Morris Area Senior Services)
- A program designed to offer support services to seniors of the community, enabling them to enjoy their independence for as long as possible.
- M.A.S.S. is part of a Provincial Senior Support Services program, directly responsible to the Southern Regional Health Authority.
- Operations / Decisions handled by a local Volunteer Board of Directors.
Who is Eligible?
- Seniors 65 years and older
- If under 65, based on need or resources
- Physically-challenged Adults
- Most services on a Fee-for-Service basis, with reasonable rates. Exemptions or variations explained in the following listing of services
- Qualified Service Providers are available for a variety of services.
- HOUSE CLEANING
- CLOTHING REPAIR
Local and long distance -fee covers vehicle cost recovery
Personal escorting and assistance on request
- PERSONAL / PHONE VISITS—volunteer service—no fee
- SECRETARIAL —on referral basis
- FOOT CARE—Referral to Foot Care Nurses
- INFORMATION & REFERRALS—no fee
- EQUIPMENT LENDING —A variety of Equipment available for the physically-challenged, frail and or elderly -a small deposit requested
- VICTORIA LIFELINE —personal emergency response service with 24 hour monitoring -installation and monitoring fees
- CONGREGATE MEALS
—Homemade, full-course meals served to Seniors, and all physically-challenged adults, in a friendly, family style setting.
Sign-up Required: Location of sign-up sheets and phone numbers as follows:
- MORRIS: Davidson Memorial Center • Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday at 4:45 p.m. • Sign-up: Parkside Villa or Davidson Centre
- LOWE FARM: Prairie View Apts • Monday & Wednesday at 11:30, Friday at 4:45 • Call 204-746-6236