Other Property Tax Credits

Seniors’ School Tax Rebate 

The Seniors’ School Tax Rebate is available if you or your spouse/common-law partner:

  • are 65 years of age or older by the end of the year (December 31);
  • own your home, or are liable for paying the school taxes on your principal residence;
  • live in your home; and 
  • are a resident of Manitoba. 

You can claim your rebate when you file your income tax return. 

For more information please see:

For more information regarding Property Tax Credits please contact:

Manitoba Tax Assistance Office

Phone: 204-948-2115
Toll-free 1-800-782-0771

Farmland School Tax Rebate

The Manitoba government is offering a rebate and landowners are required to submit an annual application to Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation (MASC). The rebate applies only to the school taxes assessed on your farmland and does not apply to residences or buildings.

The deadline to apply for the Farmland School Tax Rebate is March 31, 2021. 

For more information please visit the Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation website