Active weather returning for the weekend and early next week
Please distribute to partners and clients as necessary.
Issued: April 16, 2020
Valid: Forecast event from Saturday April 18 to Tuesday April 21, 2020
- ECCC is monitoring the development of a weather pattern that we expect to bring multiple rounds of precipitation to parts of southern Manitoba over the coming days.
- Saturday: A cold front is expected to sweep southward through the province bringing flurries and rain showers to many regions.
- In higher terrain near Dauphin and north of Brandon, precipitation is likely to fall as snow and could accumulate 2-4 cm.
- For the Red River Valley (RRV), precipitation is likely to fall as rain. Up to 5 mm is possible locally.
- For Sunday to Tuesday, a couple of relatively weak systems will move through the province.
- Certainty is low regarding the exact location, but this could include rain or snow in the RRV.
- Each wave of precipitation could give up to 5 mm to the region it impacts.
- The cumulative precipitation, if these systems all move over the same region of southern Manitoba, particularly the RRV, could lead to increased risk.
- MODERATE: Precipitation on Saturday
- LOW-MODERATE: Precipitation from Sunday to Tuesday. Moderate certainty that the weather pattern will lead to multiple rounds of precipitation for southern Manitoba. Low for the positioning and total cumulative precipitation the RRV will observe during these days.
Please monitor current weather forecasts, warnings, and special weather statements: