Morris Fire Department
Mailing Address: Box 834, Morris, MB R0G 1K0
Office Phone: 204-746-2211 (please leave a message)
For Emergency Service Please Dial 9-1-1
The Morris Fire Department falls under the auspice of the Protective Services branch of the Town of Morris. We strive to serve the community in the following ways:
Fire Prevention and Public Education
Supplying the community with educational skills in the areas of fire and life safety awareness programs and fire extinguisher training.
Fire Suppression and Emergency Response
Responding to control and extinguishing fires, responding to vehicle, farm, water and to other related events and emergencies.
Fire and Life Safety Inspections
Providing fire code and safety inspections to homes and businesses.
Enforcing burning bans and false alarm calls in excess of the minimums allowed.
The members of our team are highly involved in the community. Some of our activities include providing the annual Canada Day fireworks display, participating in the Stampede Kickoff event, annual parade involvement, the food bank pickup drive, Morris Christmas hamper delivery, the Morris School Winter Carnival and Remembrance Day ceremonies.
The Morris Fire station is located at 139 Railroad Ave. West in Morris and houses both the Fire Department and Emergency Medical Services.
Our live Fire Training Site is located on Hwy #23 West behind the Municipal works yard.
- 1 Engine/Pumper – 2011 Spartan Custom Chassis Rescue/Pumper
- 1 Mini Pumper – 1990 Ford F-350 4×4 Mini Pumper.
- 1 Rescue/Equipment Truck – 2001 Ford F-550, 4×4 Truck.
- 1 Utility Pickup – 2012 Ford F150
- 1 Zodiac Rescue Boat
- 1 Rescue Toboggan
- Haz Mat Trailer
- Jaws of Life
- Fire Training Site
- Manitoba Emergency Services College
- Office of the Fire Commissioner for Manitoba
- Boyne River Mutual Aid District
- Manitoba Association of Fire Chiefs
- Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
- Fire Fighters Burn Fund
- 911 Brandon Communication Centre
- Fire Safety Canada
- National Fire Protection Association
Fire Chief’s Message..
Our team of up to 23 volunteer firefighters are proud to serve our community. Our service would not be possible without the support of the community and her citizens. We would like to recognize this support by making mention of the following groups and individuals who stand beside us:
- The spouses and partners of our volunteer firefighters who allow us to spend hundreds of hours away from our families.
- The firefighters who put themselves in harms way to protect the life and property of neighbours and guests to our community.
- The employers and businesses who allow us to leave our jobs at a moments notice.
- The Teachers at the Morris School and Daycare who allow us into their classrooms to teach fire prevention and fire safety.
- The local media who assist us with promoting public safety and the Fire Safe message.
- The Town of Morris who support us by providing the equipment and financial resources to provide the specialized training to our members.
- Our public works partners, who maintain our roads and water systems.
- Our citizens who pay the taxes that allow our Town Council to govern us.
- The Rural Municipality of Morris whom we also partner with for emergency response.
Fire Chief – Wes Zilkie
Deputy Fire Chief – Trevor Thiessen
Lieutenants – Richard Collette, Evan Friesen, David Funk
Secretary/Treasurer – Steve Peters
Public Education Officer – Dave Funk
Firefighters – Jimmy Berg, Kerry Brandt, Chris Edel, Lionel Ewbank, Josh Zilkie, Braydon Recksiedler, Dennis Rempel, Justin Rempel, Tori Solness, Ryan Holness, Eric Skoglund, Andy Krahn, James Legary and Colin Harbinson.