The Town of Morris is happy to provide our businesses with the Employment Opportunities posting service.
If you wish to have a position posted on our website so that it is accessible to the public, please submit information about the available position to the civic office by email.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Date of Employment: September 2018
Location: Town of Morris, Manitoba
The Town of Morris invites a qualified self-starter, enterprising and results-oriented leader to join our team in its vision to make Morris a highly desired and vibrant place to live, visit, work and invest.
The Economic Development Officer (EDO) reports to Council and works with potential investors, developers, various levels of government, community organizations and local businesses. The EDO is responsible for local economic development/diversification, and local marketing.
• Continue tourism development initiatives
• Encourage further development
• Work with regional based organizations in local business and community development activities
• Attract new business development, retain and expand existing local businesses
• Initiate and complete projects and management through the MCDC (Morris Community Development Corporation) including local housing initiatives
• Evaluate and update the Town of Morris Strategic Plan
• Assume positions on various local committees and groups including the Chamber of Commerce
• Where applicable research and define business development needs and opportunities
• Assisting in proposals, funding applications, grants and business plans. Be expected to be knowledgeable of current government and non-governmental community and economic development programs and services.
• Degree or diploma in business, commerce, rural development or economics preferable. Relevant work experience will also be considered.
• Strong communication, writing skills and project oversight/ management
• Experience working with volunteers, government and businesses in business and community development activities
Resumes, including a cover letter, must be received by 5:00 p.m. August 27th, 2018, addressed to the attention of:
Brigitte Doerksen, CAO
We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted