The Town of Morris is happy to provide our businesses with the Employment Opportunities posting service.
If you wish to have a position posted on our website so that it is accessible to the public, please submit information about the available position to the civic office by email.
Community Futures Triple R
is seeking a General Manager
Community Futures Triple R Corporation has its office in Morris, Manitoba and serves the municipalities of Piney, Stuartburn, Emerson-Franklin, DeSalaberry, Hanover, Tache, Ste. Anne, LaBroquerie, Ritchot, Macdonald, Morris, Rhineland; the Towns of Niverville, Morris, Altona; and the Village of Saint-Pierre-Jolys. Services are also provided to the City of Steinbach, Town of Ste. Anne and the R.M. of Montcalm.
Community Futures create diverse, sustainable communities by supporting local, community based economic development. We are:
• A non-profit organization guided by a volunteer Board of Directors and staffed with business professionals who work together to help develop and implement community based economic development strategies.
• A user-friendly business development center that controls and manages investment funds offering repayable loans to community members who are interested in starting or expanding their own businesses.
• An entrepreneurial development center that provides one-on-one business counselling to assist individuals who are interested in self-employment or in expanding their business.
• A proactive, progressive thinking, community organization dedicated to strengthening our community’s entrepreneurs and our economy as a whole.
Community Futures Triple R Corporation is currently seeking a General Manager.
Reporting to a Volunteer Board of Directors, the General Manager is the operational leader of our Community Futures office responsible for strategy, business management and program/product development. Through those functions, the General Manager will contribute to our mission of growing our communities one idea at a time with products and services such as commercial lending, business counselling and consulting, business analytics, training, economic development etc.
The General Manager will be responsible for:
• Strategies and plan for achieving goals
• Regular updates to the Board of Directors
• Strong relationship with stakeholders
• Product and program development and management
• Operational, financial and people management
• Development and motivation of staff
Our successful candidate will be an effective communicator; collaborative; analytical; organized; possess sound decision making skills; and strong leadership and people management skills. Our General Manager will also have:
• A Business degree
• 7+ years of management experience
• 5+ years of economic development
• Community Futures work experience or program of similar mandate
• A successful history planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
The application deadline is Noon, Friday, January 4th, 2019 with an approximate starting date of Monday, March 11th, 2019.
Please submit applications to:
Mail -Steering Committee
Box 190, Morris, Manitoba R0G 1K0
Email – Attention: Steering Committee
Fax – Attention: Steering Committee
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Date of Employment: September 2018
Location: Town of Morris, Manitoba
The Town of Morris invites a qualified self-starter, enterprising and results-oriented leader to join our team in its vision to make Morris a highly desired and vibrant place to live, visit, work and invest.
The Economic Development Officer (EDO) reports to Council and works with potential investors, developers, various levels of government, community organizations and local businesses. The EDO is responsible for local economic development/diversification, and local marketing.
• Continue tourism development initiatives
• Encourage further development
• Work with regional based organizations in local business and community development activities
• Attract new business development, retain and expand existing local businesses
• Initiate and complete projects and management through the MCDC (Morris Community Development Corporation) including local housing initiatives
• Evaluate and update the Town of Morris Strategic Plan
• Assume positions on various local committees and groups including the Chamber of Commerce
• Where applicable research and define business development needs and opportunities
• Assisting in proposals, funding applications, grants and business plans. Be expected to be knowledgeable of current government and non-governmental community and economic development programs and services.
• Degree or diploma in business, commerce, rural development or economics preferable. Relevant work experience will also be considered.
• Strong communication, writing skills and project oversight/ management
• Experience working with volunteers, government and businesses in business and community development activities
Resumes, including a cover letter, must be received by 5:00 p.m. August 27th, 2018, addressed to the attention of:
Brigitte Doerksen, CAO
We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted